-->

Thursday 21 June 2012

Balle-Balle In Ambala

Last year during my trip to Pathankot from Delhi, I happened to stop at Ambala enroute to meet an old classmate of mine who is in the army posted there. As a matter of fact Ambala is not new to me as my father was posted there many years ago when I was an infant. I and my friend had tried joining the armed forces through an entrance examination which he cleared and I failed in my SSB, hence, doing a favor to the Indian Armed Forces.  Cut to, present Ambala Cantt, everything had changed, it still boasts of being one of the largest cantonments in India, may be a touch bigger or smaller to Meerut cantonment area-wise. To give me a taste of Ambala Cantt, my friend took me to the famous hang-out place- The Sadar. If you are a true Indian and have grown up on junk food, the Sadar Bazar area is an ideal place. Try the ‘Saare Ambala Mein World Famous’- Shikanji at the Jain Soda Water shop, a little ahead you can freak out on the Paneer sandwiches at Prakash Coffee House, in case you relish them don’t think twice before getting them packed for your next day’s breakfast. For junk food like ‘tikkis’ or ‘cutlet ragada’ and jalebi’s, find your way to Halwai Bazaar (Nikku ki Tikki). If you are looking to visit Sadar during lunch time, hunker down at Puran Ka Dhaba or any other close by Dhaba on GT Road which is located opposite the station. Puran Ka Dhaba is crowded as most people visit it all the time. The food tastes hmmmmmm….Yummy!

If you are a foodie in the real sense and happen to travel up north by road, please do yourself a favour by stopping enroute at Ambala Cantt as you might end up saying- “Balle-Balle Ambala” in Haryana before entering Punjab.

No comments:

Post a Comment